To drive improvement of healthcare through evaluation of individuals who deliver continuing education to clinicians.
To improve the health of the public through the examination and certification of persons who provide or support continuing education activities for physicians that are also relevant to other healthcare professionals.
Goals and Objectives
- Maintain an independent national program of certification for CME professionals, with input from other stakeholders in the continuing education for health professionals community.
- Create uniform national standards of certification against which CME professionals can be measured.
- Maintain a valid and reliable certification program, and it mapped to the evolving needs of CME professionals.
- Gather and disseminate evidence of the value of NC-CME Certification to persons employed in the field of continuing education for health professionals, particularly in CME.
- Encourage the development of self-directed learning tools and resources to help these professionals prepare for and maintain their certification as a component of their lifelong learning.
Approved by the Organizers of the Corporation, 2005-02-17;
Latest Update by the Board of Directors, 2012-05-24